CommunityNews

Castro Valley residents save the environment with FOG system

Castro Valley residents are taking action to save the environment by using CVsan’s new method of waste disposal system entitled FOG, an acronym standing for Fats Oils and Greases.

When fats, oils, and greases enter the public sewer they clog pipes, thus causing damage to property as well as health hazards. These substances are most commonly produced during the preparation of food. The FOG system calls for alternative types of removal in order to avoid these effects.

Food Service Establishments are responsible for the use of the FOG system, as they are the biggest producers of fats, oils, and greases. CVsan has set up a system of Best Management Practices that break down the exactly how to dispose of each environmentally harmful substance.

One of the most important elements of the FOG system is to avoid the disposal of grease through the drain. Alternatively, greasy foods can be put in the organics bin or dispose of large amounts of grease through a grease hauler.

CVsan’s implementation of the FOG system is only one of many steps taken to soften Castro Valley’s environmental impact. By cooperating with programs such as the FOG system, community members can help lessen the locality’s carbon footprint.

One thought on “Castro Valley residents save the environment with FOG system

• Joseph Rodriguez

great article Katy! hope to see your future work at Breitbart!