SportsUncategorized

Trojans beat Highlanders, achieving 8-0 record

The CVHS boys varsity tennis team emerged victorious against the Piedmont Highlanders with yet another 6-1 victory. The four singles matches and two of the three doubles had been won by the Trojans.

The win at CVHS on March 14 improves Castro Valley’s overall record to 8-0. This season, the team remains unmarked by defeat.

“This is a big match for both schools. They did really well, ” stated Brian Bui, senior.

Edward Wang remained engaged for some time with Highlander Matt Chan, who had put up a hard fight, but ultimately, Wang prevailed, 6-3 and 7-5. Ethan Fang and Michael Chu, other singles players, had scored points for CVHS at 6-0 and 6-3, and 6-4 and 6-2 against Nick Lalli and Like Hawkins respectively. Trojan Spenser Lin-Jones defeated Charlie Lambert at 7-5, 6-1.

“Every single player played hard. None of them quit, and this is probably the hardest match we’ve had this season,” said coach Greg Lowe.

Doubles players Rohit Sinha and Andrew Lottich defeated Piedmont players Sujan Srivastava and Nick Lynn at two sets of 6-2, but Highlanders Alan Kothari and Colby Brookfield had achieved the upper hand against Leon Chen and Victor Kindinger at 4-6, and two sets of 6-1. Trojans Colby Fong and Ashir Gupta won it out in the end against Walker Mahany and Alan Rossi at 6-3 and 6-4.

“We only lost one match, but they played really hard, and they didn’t quit. It was a long three sets,” said Lowe. “Everybody can always improve and they always strive to do that.”

“I think we did good,” stated Patrick Mishreky, sophomore. “I feel really confident that our team is going to the championship, because it’s a good team.”

The Trojans will next face Arroyo, who they had previously defeated 7-0 on March 4. As the championship draws closer, the team remains indomitable.