SliderSports

Boys varsity tennis team wins big against Hayward

After starting the spring season off 0-3, the boys varsity tennis team bounced back strong with a big win against Hayward on March 21, 7-0.

Games started at 3:30 p.m. with warm weather at the CVHS tennis courts. Pre-game the team, despite having a rough record, was still feeling really confident in their match against Hayward.

“I’m feeling pretty confident about the match. I feel like I’m going to win” said junior Daniel Lionel “I just have to hit consistently, hit all my serves and then my opponent will give me an opportunity to finish the point and I can use the moment to win the match”

Lionel would be right in his prediction, winning his match in dominant fashion winning 2-0 against his opponent, dropping zero points over the two sets winning both of them with a 6-0 score.

The games overall went the same way with the majority of sets being 6-0 or 6-1 for the boys varsity tennis team. The team as a whole dropped zero sets to Hayward

When asked how the games went after the team was feeling good about their performance and optimistic about the future.

Freshman Seth Buhler said “I felt like I played pretty well, my ground strokes were really nice, my servers were really good, I got a couple of aces. I’m feeling pretty good about the future”

Junior Joshua Kuwana would add onto this sentiment, and his thoughts on playing Hayward for the first time

“I thought the match was ok, I’ve never played Hayward before so it was a new experience,” said Kuwana

The boys varsity tennis team will play at home again on April 9th against Arroyo and April 11th against Mt. Eden

5 thoughts on “Boys varsity tennis team wins big against Hayward

• Aden Lam

Great success boys! Another W for Trojans!

• Congratulations to the boyś tennis for bouncing back with a win against Hayward!

• Congratulations to the team, they played well keep it up!

• Congrats to the boys tennis team! Keep up the hard work!