CVHS tennis team keeps winning streak

The CVHS boys tennis team continues to maintain its winning streak by beating Mission San Jose High School. Edward Wang started off playing Shashank Teda, defeating him by 6-4 and 7-5 to kick off the start of the match. Next, Ethan Fang completely destroyed Fishab Dalai, beating him by 6-0 and 6-2. After Fang was Micheal Chu, who beat Nick Sarvilo by 6-2 and 6-3. Last but not least, Andrew Lottich beat Sahil Najeeh by 6-2 and 6-2, securing all singles wins for Castro Valley.

Doubles started with Biautam Qudavalli and Munich Katpelly from Mision San Jose beating Colby Fong and Rohit Sinha by 1-6, 6-2 and 10-5. However, Castro Valley came back for a win when Leon Chen and Ashir Gupta beat Phillip Nguyen and Ethan Suleman 6-3, 7-6 and tied the third game at 7. Mission San Jose took the last doubles game when Soha Choudhary and Nick Wong defeated Brandon Wong and Michael Lee 6-1 and 6-0.

Although they lost twice in doubles matches against Mission San Jose, CVHS successfully maintained an overall lead because of its singles wins and are currently undefeated. More excitement will surely prevail throughout the rest of the season!