Sports

Roller derby team slams into CVHS

CVHS  is starting a roller derby team. Tryouts will be some time in April. The team will consist of four male participants and four female participants.

The coach of the new team is a world renowned derby champion. He has won multiple gold medals in the sport. The team name will be the Rolling Trojans.

The coach has wished  to remain anonymous until tryouts, but has confirmed that he has won gold medals at events in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, the Bay Area, Texas and Canada.

His derby name is Gladiator Evil. He has been a star in roller derby ever since his mother got him interested in the sport. He was a state champion in New Jersey, and went to finals in Florida, where he fell in love with the state and hopes to return one day.

“I love everything about the sport and now that there are high school teams, that makes me love it even more,” he said. “Coaching high school derby has always been a dream of mine.”

The Pink Cougar is another international victor joining our team. She will co-captain with Gladiator Evil. She has won medals in Nigeria and Mexico, and is 100 percent dedicated to helping the CVHS team advance to nationals. She is four feet and eight inches tall and she supposedly “hits with the power of a thousand bulls.”

“I know that we can create a great derby team, I am very excited to work with the students, and hopefully win some championships,” she said.

The team’s uniforms will have a Trojan on it, and will break traditional green and gold and will be pink, purple and black. Depending on how many people try out, a JV team might be added to the Rolling Trojans. CVHS welcomes the new coaches Gladiator Evil, and Pink Cougar. Go Rolling Trojans!