FeatureHighlights

MSA teaches students about medical field

Did you know that sleep affects almost every type of tissue and system in the body? This is just one of the many fun things you can learn in the Medical Student Association club (MSA). If you’re interested in learning more about the medical field through engaging presentations from students and professionals or helping the community, the club may be for you. 

Association members have weekly meetings where they give presentations about health and share volunteer opportunities. They have amazing guest speakers who share about their profession in health. 

“I like learning about a new topic every week and getting to listen to the guest speaker stories,” treasurer junior Angie Wu explained. 

Each week the officers give presentations about a certain topic. Previous topics have included neurocysticercosis, medieval medicine, phobias, incurable illness and sleep.

“The best part of our club is our ability to connect students with real life professionals working in the medical field,” said officer junior Hani Liu. “I feel like it’s hard for students to find out which path is really for them because it’s difficult to get real life experience in this field especially as high schoolers. Often times, we only see medicine enacted through our TV screens and that obviously isn’t the reality of medicine. So I’m really glad that our club brings guest speakers from all types of specialities and show our members what it’s really like, so that they can decide what’s right for them.” 

Medicine is something that a lot of people are interested in and MSA gives students the opportunity to learn about what they want to do and see if it’s right for them.

The association is open to anyone who is interested in learning about the medical field. If interested, you can follow the group on instagram (@cvhsmedstudents) and sign up with the link in their bio. The club hosts weekly Zoom meetings on Fridays at 3 p.m.

One thought on “MSA teaches students about medical field

• mosbaugh, s.

this is so cool. allowing students to still have such great club experiences while having to stay distanced is so great. kudos to this clubs officers for giving students a place to continue learning about their interests while staying safe!