CVHS varsity badminton vanquishes Berkeley High School

Sophomore Terry Kwok played hard in the game against Berkeley High School. Photo by Tyler Quan.

As people readied themselves in their positions in the gym, the competition began to heat up. Rackets swung wildly, and birdies whizzed by in the air. The CVHS varsity badminton team triumphantly vanquished Berkeley High with a score of 11-4 on Tuesday, April 29.

“We’ve played them earlier in the season,” said coach Teddy Yau. “We beat them pretty single handedly. They were an easy opponent.”

“It was a pretty good game. We both moved a lot and it was a very close match,” agreed Sophomore Terry Kwok.

So far, the team has played 12 out of 13 games in the WACC and has a record of ten wins and two losses.

“We had a pretty good season so far. Our badminton team are balanced in regards to skill level  and that is the reason why we are winning,” said Yau.

According to the badminton team, they have not played a team that was really challenging yet. The team was determined to win the last game with Arroyo and easily finished off with an 11-2.

“We played well and ended our season with a positive note” said Sophomore Hana Lui.

Evan Kwong

What you think about drugs and smart drugs? Modafinil, nootropics and other drugs you can find here: nootropics online