Cheers to the annual CVHS Halloween costume contest

The Halloween costume contest left people in awe after seeing other students’ creative costume ideas. Seniors Karina Favian and Charles Torpey and freshman Dima Serebrenyy secured the top three medals from generating the loudest cheers from their peers. 

Favian and her friend dressed up as an ostrich and bodyguard duo. Torpey dressed up as his father, Principal Blaine Torpey (they looked identical!), and Serebrenyy was Vector from Despicable Me. 

“Agatu saw emu costumes on Youtube and decided to spontaneously make one in a week and invited me to join her so I was like okay sounds cool. But then she found out she couldn’t see in the costume so I needed to guide her and was basically her bodyguard in a matching costume so it didn’t look out of place,” explained Favian.

Many students describe how they felt when looking at Favian’s costume which included phrases such as, “I thought the ostrich was real!” and “How did they make it look so real?” At first glance, even I thought the ostrich was real and excitedly showed my friends standing next to me. 

“My favorite costumes were definitely the ostrich and the guy who dressed up as the principal. When I first saw the ostrich I honestly thought it was real and got a little scared for a second. And when I saw the guy dressed up as the principal I thought it was the actual principal and was wondering what he was doing in the costume contest,” said sophomore Naomi Quibodeaux. 

“Participating in the contest at school was definitely a fun experience especially as a graduating senior. It was a great last high school Halloween moment with my friends,” commented Favian. 

4 thoughts on “Cheers to the annual CVHS Halloween costume contest

• Agata Fedorowicz

I may not have been able to see anything besides the ground, but just hearing people’s reactions while being in the emu costume was hilarious enough. I think it’ll make a comeback next Halloween.

• Audrey Chen

I found the costumes absolutely wonderful, it was so nice to see all these interesting and creative costumes. CVHS really put in some good effort into these outfits and made the day very fun.

• Kumail Gowhari

Wow thats crazy!

• Rebecca I

It is really fun to see all the costumes at school again after the last year being isolated from the school community. These costumes are so creative — more than I have ever seen! I think it is awesome that our school has so many creative students comfortable to show it!