FeatureHighlights

Grigorian shines as student of the year

This year’s student of the year is senior Leon Grigorian. Grigorian was chosen for being an “outstanding student” and “sharing his energy and modeling Trojan togetherness.”

The student of the year is chosen through the principal’s office with input from teachers. “Leon is a student that epitomizes Trojan togetherness,” said Principal Blaine Torpey.

Grigorian has been a student that has demonstrated kindness and academic success. He takes care of his two-year old younger siblings and helps out his mother in the house. He is also taking the merchandising ROP from the ROP program. In his free time, Grigorian likes to draw cartoon characters. 

“I was honestly shocked when I read the email from the principal and saw that I got the student of the year award,” said Grigorian who received his award at a board meeting held by the district.

After graduating high school, Grigorian plans to get his driver’s permit and become a firefighter. In the future, he will join a firefighter academy. “I just really want to help people, that’s why I want to be a firefighter,” Grigorian said. “It’s something I’ve always wanted to do.”

“I would like to thank my math teacher Ms. Claire Heppner, my old English teacher, Ms. Fletcher, who retired, my mom, dad, brother, sister, grandma, and grandpa. I would like to say to them that I appreciate them for helping me out,” Grigorian said.  

One thought on “Grigorian shines as student of the year

• Aaron Walters

Congrats