Harry Potter brings new action and excitement

The astonishingly successful film adaptations of J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter books are coming to a fan-saddening close after almost ten years of movie magic. The latest adaptation of the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One, hit theaters on Nov. 19. Part two will arrive in theaters on July 15, 2011. Scene changes were the only downfall of this movie, which was otherwise a success.

Reigning royalty of the box office, Harry Potter and his two best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger—played by Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson—begin their quest to destroy the remaining of Lord Voldemort’s Horcrux immortality tokens. The movie starts by showing a glimpse of each of the three main characters in their homes.

Quickening the pace with a bang, a sky-high fight scene immediately follows a short reunion of characters and throws you back into the story of “The Boy Who Lived.” In an attempt to lighten the mood, a wedding takes place at the Burrow, but is unfortunately ruined by the news that a death left an important position open at the Ministry of Magic.

Although several scenes of the movie were changed from the plot depicted in the best-selling fantasy novel, the movie flowed from beginning to end without losing the interest of the audience. It vividly tells the tale of the “Chosen One” and not once throughout the movie was there an uninteresting moment. The movie was magical and the effects were up to par, as usual, and leave you not wanting to wait until next summer to see it.