HighlightsSports

Volleyball star Conley “a huge leader”

Senior Annika Conley has been a volleyball star since the minute she set foot on a volleyball court. Conley has been playing volleyball since fifth grade. She’s been on varsity for all of her high school career as well as being on the eighth grade team since she was in sixth grade. She plays a crucial role on her team with her strong offensive skills and sportsmanship. 

“I started playing in fifth grade because my aunt played in college for Cal. My favorite thing about playing is the competition and the adrenaline but I enjoy the sisterhood of being on a high school team the most because we all get really close and it’s great having supportive women around you,” said Conley.

“Annika will always be one of the hardest hitters in the gym. She is strong offensively with her powerful swing and will also give you great defense in digging and passing,” said coach Linda Willits.

Conley does eight hours of volleyball a week not including tournaments so she doesn’t have much time for other extracurriculars. Even though volleyball is a huge time commitment she still enjoys it especially when the team gets to travel for tournaments. 

“Annika definitely has an infectiously crazy character off the court, but she knows just how to turn it on for games and practices. She’s a huge leader on the court and someone we could always rely on no matter what situation we’re in,” said teammate Bianca Petalver.

One thought on “Volleyball star Conley “a huge leader”

• Amber Huizar

I also play volleyball and although I never really got the chance to play with Annika I completely agree with this article. She is such a great person and is so kind and funny to everyone she meets. She’s always been like a role model to me whether she knows it or not. I really hope that she plays in college so I watch her play again!