Trojans take on a difficult course at the CV Cross Country Invitational

CVHS varsity cross country varsity teams ran a long and intense course at the Castro Valley Invitational on Oct. 13 at Canyon Middle School.

More 20 schools from all over northern California competed against each other and had a great turnout.

The varsity girls division featured seniors Olivia Davidson, Anya Von-Euw, and Kaitlin Manning with times of 22:46, 23:11, and 25:55 respectively on the 3.1 mile course.

Also running alongside the seniors were freshman Megan Muller, who placed 13th in the varsity division with a time of 21:35, and junior Josephine Taylor completing the course in 23:44.

“It was a really difficult and hilly course, but our team has been working hard to prepare and I think that we all competed well,” said Davidson.

In addition, the varsity boys division were represented by juniors Timothy Wu and Paul Nguyen, who completed the course at 18:59 and 19:22. Sophomore Tobias Taylor also represented CVHS well with a time of 19:01.

Seniors Justin Wong, Luke Martin, and Thomas Vergara finished the course with times of 21:06, 21:08, and 23:18 respectively.

Despite placing eighth and 11th in the girls and boys varsity races, the teams still powered through the intense course and represented the Trojan spirit well.

“I think overall both the boys and girls teams performed well and we’ve seen lots of improvement from many of our runners. It’s a course we’re going to have to run again and I think we’ll see even more improvement next time,” said Martin.