Climate change will soon cause the environment and population to suffer

The topic of global warming and climate change has always been controversial. Is it really occurring because of human activity? Is it really as important as everyone else says?

The truth is, global warming never left. It has always been here and it’s only getting worse.

Neglecting it will not only cause the environment to suffer, but we will as well. Many new diseases will spread and the melting of the glaciers will cause us to lose some of our fresh water. Extreme temperatures will cause both wildlife and people to suffer.

Recently, the United States received first-hand experience on this, facing its coldest temperature: -59 degrees Fahrenheit.

An area of low-pressure, cold air (known as the polar vortex) slowly shifted down to cover the Midwest, causing the extreme cold that many Americans have been facing. While ice and glaciers are melting at the North Pole, Americans are suffering from this Arctic weather. The vortex usually covers the North Pole, but occasionally shifts over to America slightly, but nothing this severe has ever happened before.

“In the beautiful Midwest, windchill temperatures are reaching minus 60 degrees, the coldest ever recorded. In coming days, expected to get even colder. People can’t last outside even for minutes. What the hell is going on with Global Warming? Please come back fast, we need you!” tweeted President Donald Trump.

Trump has made it known to all of us that he doesn’t believe in global warming, claiming that it is a “hoax.”

Early in June 2017, Trump withdrew from the Paris Climate Agreement, whose purpose was to reduce carbon emissions and try and prevent global warming from worsening over the years.

Many environmentalists were appalled by his actions; studies have shown that Americans will suffer in the future due to major droughts and more severe natural disaster.

But Trump isn’t the only skeptic of global warming: there are many others out there.

Extreme temperatures are clear signs that global warming is very much apparent in our everyday lives.

With the increase in human activity, we have been producing more greenhouse gases than ever before, so the environment has been changing rapidly.

Climate change and global warming are present in our everyday lives and the problem won’t go away overnight, but small things such as reducing water waste and driving less can all help reduce it.

Many people take things on the planet for granted, but one day everything will be gone due to climate change. Before we know it, everything around us will be different than what we remember, so it’s up to us to stop it and help preserve the environment.

Would you want the future generations on the earth to grow up without seeing half of the plants and animals we see today?