CampusNewsSlider

New Tik Tok School Challenges Appear

After the “devious licks” bathroom vandalism of September came a new TikTok challenge in October: slap a teacher. But students who act on that suggestion could face suspension or expulsion. 

“That behavior will not be tolerated. It’s a huge violation of the California education code to attack, touch, do anything to an adult staff member on campus, and ultimately will result in consequences including but not limited to suspension or expulsion,” said Principal Blaine Torpey. 

CVHS students in September participated in TikTok’s “devious licks” trend: vandalizing four boys bathrooms, stealing their soap dispensers and clogging their toilets. No students were identified, Torpey said, though the school plans on taking an extra precaution by adding additional security cameras outside the entrances of bathrooms. 

Students fail to recognize and credit those working behind the damage. Custodians have been working hard, ensuring that the bathrooms are available and operational. 

“There is also a human cost to not just have students not being able to use the restroom in a safe and sanitary way, but that there’s also people that have to go in and do that work… and that takes them away from the other jobs we ask them to do,” said Torpey. 

Superintendent Parvin Ahmadi warned students and families about the challenges in a Sept. 30 email message. 

“It is important for (students)  to recognize that these acts negatively impact students and staff as well as our facilities, and each one is a serious offence with consequences,” said Ahmadi. 

While some find these challenges funny,  nobody benefits from them. October’s challenge not only concerns and disturbs the staff. Many students are also concerned although no one has slapped a teacher yet. 

“I think it’s wildly inappropriate and it should not happen on this campus. I feel like it is really disrespectful to your teachers who just want to do their job,” said junior Tharen Hilliard.

“Someone is going to do it and it will get out of hand very quickly. If someone does it, they should be expelled. If someone does that, that’s bad news. If you slap a teacher, they should have permission to hit you back. Slap a teacher shouldn’t even be a rumor because that is so disrespectful and horrible and crappy,” said junior Anthony Solis. 

16 thoughts on “New Tik Tok School Challenges Appear

• Joaquin Preciado

Thats crazy that people would go as far to assault a teacher.

• Felix Shum

A lot of these dumb challenges are part of what gives TikTok a bad reputation, as seen across internet humor.

• Zachary Simonton

I think that it is NOT only EXTREMELY disrespectful to the teachers, I think that whatever class the teacher they slapped is teaching them, the teacher should be allowed to automatically fail the student and remove them from their class without credit, AND let the colleges know that they failed the class because they slapped their teacher. If a student assaults a teacher, they should pay a heavy price for that, and if they fail a class, they will NOT get into colleges. They should also be banned from all social media if they slap a teacher.
    If I witness a student slapping a teacher, then whoever slapped the teacher is NEVER going to get away with it.

• Lisa Tsai

These trends are so sad and disrespectful. We are in high school now, it’s so childish that people do these things. Please Stop doing that.

• Agata M Fedorowicz

It’s really sad that people will do this for clout, and I hope our school will know better than to do this “challenge.”

• Ngoc Nguyen

These trends are appalling and disrespectful. I’m glad the school takes serious action against these terrible students. They should be severely punished.

• Miles Madsen

It’s good that the school is doing something about this. It’s stupid and dangerous that this has happened at all.

• Sai Wong

it is sad to read about these trends because this school knows better than to follow them

• Joel Frazee Lena Frazee

I do not know why kids think its fun to slap teachers or mess up the bathrooms we use as a student body

• odin malby

its great that precautions are being taken to keep the trends from continuing at our school

• I’m glad to see our school take action and try its best to prevent these actions.

• Omar Alfawadeleh

Tik Tok should have reacted fast enough to delete this challenge before it reaches many more schools.

• Nathan Yee

I don’t see the humor behind these tiktok trends. Tiktok is a great platform for many but these trends should not be promoted, especially because its is flat out vandalism. It amazes me that those who participate in these trends fail to understand how difficult they are making the staff’s jobs.

• Aimee Zeng

Please stop doing that. Everyone should report it to some of the school staffs if you see this challenge happens again.

• Zachary Simonton

I think that this is a dumb game. I think that the administration and the law need to find a VERY dumb prize for ANYONE who slaps a teacher, they think that this stupid game is funny, but it is NOT funny and IN NO WAY WILL IT EVER BE! I know of the slap a teacher challenge, and out of concern for my teachers, I even warned ALL of my teachers of this challenge and told them that I would advise suing and/or pressing criminal charges against ANYONE who slaps them, making a citizen’s arrest, and that they did NOT sign up for such nonsense. If I EVER see ANYONE assaulting another person, I am making a citizen’s arrest against the assailant and the assailant will be held accountable, and I would be a witness to that incident. It’s time that whoever assaults a teacher is given a dumb prize. If you play dumb games, you get dumb prizes.