FeatureSlider

Braden Lew advises others on College Recruitment

Senior Braden Lew published his book, “A Rockstar’s Guide to College Recruiting,” along with the help of his father on Sept. 8. The book takes the reader through the process of college recruiting. Coming in at 31 pages, the book is being sold at a price of $9.99 for a paperback edition.

Lew’s novel dives headfirst and splashes into the outline of steps to get recruited by bigger name colleges. With the table of contents including academic preparation, self-assessment, skill development, etc. it guides and puts readers on a proper path of being selected by their favorite colleges. 

“Although it is pretty much about college recruitment, it also goes through the process with academics, athletics, and just really how to mentally and physically get through the process as it’s a struggle—it’s really hard,” explained Lew. 

Since being published, “A Rockstar’s Guide to College Recruiting” has received positive feedback from both online reviews found on Amazon, as well as directly to Lew himself. Some mention how inspiring Lew’s publication was.

“Braden’s book changed my mindset and inspired me to work hard and aim for my college of choice,”  sophomore Farah Lee proclaimed. “His work is not only informative but has been helpful to setting off my volleyball career for college.”

While the book is available as a paperback edition, it is also accessible through Kindle unlimited for the price of $5.99.

As for what’s to come, Lew mentioned he is uncertain of the direction to take from here, though he has received various awards and mentions, such as offers from big name schools, being featured in the Castro Valley Forum and 18 sales on his publications as of now.

The process is undoubtedly hard and miserable for many, hence, the reason for publication of Lew’s book. 

“I just want to help people get through the process more easily,” Lew stated.