FeatureHighlights

Winter ball makes its return

‘Tis the season for winterball; after being postponed due to a surge in Covid-19 cases, winterball is confirmed to take place on Feb. 26 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. To ensure safety guidelines, masks and proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test is required.

This year’s theme is “starry night,” fitting as it will take place outdoors in the quad. There will be heat lamps to keep students warm throughout the night, as well as a new DJ and dance boxes. 

If you happen to feel hungry after dancing, take a short walk from the quad to the cafeteria and you will find an array of refreshments from Krispy Kreme donuts to a coffee bar that also includes lattes and hot chocolate. Also in the cafeteria is a new addition to CVHS dances: karaoke; you can take a break from the dancing and switch to singing your heart out with friends.

“Students should attend winterball because it’s the last dance of the year for many students and we’ve added new things like karaoke and a coffee bar for them to enjoy,” senior class Vice President Honna Nguyen said. 

A ticket costs $30 without ASB and $25 with ASB; however, there’s a chance to win free tickets. Leadership is holding a winterball proposal contest and winners receive free tickets for themselves and their date. All you need to do is DM a video of your winterball proposal to @cvhsclassof2022 on Instagram for a chance to win.

9 thoughts on “Winter ball makes its return

• Anonymous

It was nice to go to a school dance after awhile. My boyfriend and I had a great time and were pleased with how everything ran.

• Justin

As excited as I am, I’m still plagued with fears of Covid-19 cases at CVHS spiking again. Don’t get me wrong, I’m going to the dance, but I am going to be as careful as possible. Y’know, to avoid any unwarranted illness.

• Aiden Frost

This article is great. I’m glad to see school functions stay strong and healthy. Without them, our school would not be as fun as it is now. Winterball seems like an exciting event that everyone wants to go to with friends or even dates. The food and music that they will have seem like a lot of fun. Hopefully this will help to fund our school and make a step in the right direction for going back to normal from Covid-19.

• Brody Dellari

I think it’s really cool that as a community we´re recovering from covid and have the opportunity to have a winter ball. Although I think the dance is a bit ¨pricy¨ I think it’s nice to be able to go to dances again.
    I wonder what winter ball is gonna be like outside rather than in the gym with our current winter weather. It’s nice to see us slowly going back to normal and going back to dances while still taking covid measures.

• It’s wonderful that the winter ball dance has been reinstated; it’s been a long time since the last dance, and now that the Covid cases are dropping, I believe it’s an appropriate time to throw a dance on campus. Because so many new elements have been added to the dance, I believe it will be enjoyable.

• Oswaldo

It has been a while since we had a dance at school and I think it’s an appropriate time to do this because covid cases are dropping. This dance seems to be well organized since they are serving Krispy kreme donuts and warm beverages for the cold weather. Although it is the last dance of the year for many students, it is going to be worth it with all these new aspects put into the dance.

• Alexa

I think it is great that we are back to trying to host student social events. Although it has been a long time, students definitely deserve to live out the “high school experience”. Hopefully leadership can plan great social activities like the winter ball next year.

• Zean Ylaya

I’m super ecstatic for Winter Ball and I plan on attending. All of the fun stuff in which I see that are on there like Krispy Kreme is what I’m really craving and excited for. I wonder what it’s going to be like outside this year since our last Winter Ball was inside the gym. I’m happy they still are taking safe measures for our school dances.

• Dylan Rardin

It’s nice to see that winter ball is coming back since last month there were so many covid cases and seemed almost impossible to have a winter dance. The weather is still a bit chilly so I think that it will still be a ‘winter’ ball and I’m excited to go. The only thing I find upsetting is the price, it always seems that every year the price for dances keep going up and up like 30 bucks for a dance ticket? personally I feel that it’s a bit much for a dance. That aside though I’m looking forward to the dance and glad that we are all still able to go.