Carissa keeps cool on the mat

This month’s stellar athlete is none other than senior Carissa Flaton. This girl has good footwork and can move and topple over defenders, while winning matches in under 30 seconds. She has been on the girls wrestling team since she was a freshman and she’s been thriving on the mat ever since. 

“I really enjoy the process of becoming a better wrestler and every day at practice I strive to get better,” said Flaton.

Flaton is quick, agile, and can take you down within the blink of an eye. She has been on a tear lately, leading her team to a winning record this season and always making sure her teammates do well in all of their matches. No matter what she’ll always be right there if they need anything. 

“Carissa is a great all around athlete who really helps the team come together as a unit and allows them to work with each other in order to win matches,” said head coach Sabrina Ross. 

This year Flaton wrestles in the 100 pound weight class and is looking to dominate her competitors with her team by her side. 

Overall Flaton just has a love for the sport and is always willing to go the extra mile in order to succeed. No matter what, she is willing to do whatever it takes to win and in the end that’s all that matters.