FeatureSlider

Goldstein retires after 35 years of teaching

After dedicating 35 years of his life to inspire students to learn about both their nation’s and the world’s history, Jeff Goldstein is taking a step back and retiring from CVHS. 

From hosting war simulations to moderating heated discussions between students, Goldstein fostered experiences inside of his classroom that students will never forget. 

“I want people to walk out of my classroom thinking that history is an interesting subject, worth reading and learning about,” said Goldstein. 

Throughout his career as a teacher, Goldstein made it his mission to match the level of dedication that his students bring into the classroom. From hosting simulations to creating engaging lectures in class, Goldstein accomplished his mission. 

Goldstein’s work ethic rubbed off on his students as well. 

“Mr. Goldstein inspires me to work harder on history. He pushes me to do better every time I am in his class,” said junior Elethan Beard.

Above all Goldstein’s goal both in and out of the classroom was to make sure that students were engaged in history and understood its importance in our day to day lives.

When asked about his favorite aspect of teaching, he put emphasis on the interactions with students. 

“I used to really enjoy having students as freshmen, and then sophomores, and then juniors. Watching kids grow up has really been a really great thing. I’m going to miss the students,” said Goldstein. 

Although he is leaving CVHS, Goldstein says that he will never forget the experiences that he’s had with students that have come in and out of his classroom throughout the years. 

8 thoughts on “Goldstein retires after 35 years of teaching

• Corinne Davidson

I can’t believe Mr. Goldstein is retiring, he seemed like an amazing teacher and I wish I could’ve gotten to know him and experience his class.

• Eric Nepveux-Kjelstrom

I’ve never had Mr. Goldstein as a teacher, but I’ve always heard nothing but good things about him. I hope he enjoys retirement.

• Mr. Goldstein’s classes were always fun, and I’m sad to see him and his ties go. He was always able to connect with students to help them actually learn, hopefully the next teacher will be able to do that as well. And congrats to Mr. Goldstein for moving on to retirement!

• Yazeed Ayed Awad

I hope that the new History teachers can follow MR. Goldstein’s steps and teaching methods. He made the class fun and friendly environment for his students.

• Colby Kerry

In Mr. Goldstein’s class there was never a dull moment always keeping the class engaged even if he had to pull people to present their work. History didn’t just come alive but it became apart of the student in the class like an assemble work line. Its sad to seeing another great teacher to leave us and I’m sad to see him go. Mr. Goldstein will be missed by all.

• Ali Nosseir

I didn’t have Mr. Goldstein but upon attending his review sessions I could certainly sense the impact he had on his students and how passionate he was about the subject of US history. He will be missed!

• Tina Johansson

Mr. Goldstein will be missed by students and colleagues.

• Mr. Goldstein was the best history teacher ever! He made history come alive and helped me take an interest in the subject. I am forever grateful to him and so sad for other generations of students to miss out on his passion and engaging way of teaching!