FeatureHighlightsSlider

CVHS appreciates the amazing staff

Some of CVHS’s most exemplary staff received awards from the school district to honor their hard work and dedication to our school. 

Assistant Principal Brigitte Luna was awarded rookie of the year, attendance clerk Samantha Brown was awarded classified staff member of the year, counselor Gisela Sandoval was awarded teacher of the year, and Assistant Principal Yvonna Rogers was awarded secondary co-administrator of the year.   

Teachers, students, and administrators nominated their favorite staff for these awards. 

“Students are the best part about working at CVHS. There are so many different ways  for students to be connected through clubs, sports, and all the different programs,” said Rogers. Rogers has been working at CVHS for six years and says the best part of her job is working with students and families. 

“She cares about the kids so much and she makes sure both staff and students are supported,” said Brown about Rogers.

Brown has been at the school for 12 years. As the attendance clerk, Brown processes all 3,000 students’ attendance and serves seven administrators. According to Brown, the best part about her job is the fact that every day is different. 

“She is so knowledgeable about everything and such a great asset for us,” said Rogers about Brown. 

Sandoval is the counselor for house two and has been working at CVHS for four years. Before working at the high school, Sandoval worked as a counselor for Castro Valley elementary schools. 

When asked what the hardest thing about her job, Sandoval said “Not having enough time to do everything, like going to Pops or a basketball game.” Sandoval is also the teacher for Puente, teaching one zero period class a week. 

“The culture of the students and the ability to work with such a great team makes CVHS great,” said Sandoval. 

This is Luna’s first year at CVHS, but she is no stranger to the school.

“Mrs. (Elisa) Frozena was my master teacher when I was a student teacher here at CVHS,” said Luna. 

Despite being Luna’s first year at CVHS, she has made huge contributions to our school. Luna is involved in the Site Safety Committee and working on the English Learner program. 

“Mrs. Luna’s willingness to help and learn makes her such a good think partner. She shares insight to things I haven’t thought about yet,” said Rogers about Luna. 

Congratulations to Luna, Rogers, Brown, and Sandoval who have made a huge impact on CVHS and the community around them.

One thought on “CVHS appreciates the amazing staff

• Jamie D Ireland

Way to go, ladies! Thank you for being there for our CVHS Trojans!