EntertainmentSlider

“Oppenheimer” amazes audience

Robert J. Oppenheimer is the man who pushed America to new heights, the man who ended years of war, but also the man who indirectly killed thousands of innocent civilians, the man who created the tool to end humanity, and the man who created the atomic bomb. This is the man we follow when we watch Christopher Nolan’s “Oppenheimer.”

Nolan continues his reputation of hating CGI as “Oppenheimer” features no CGI at all. The reasoning behind this decision is Nolan’s opinion that CGI isn’t able to grab a viewer and make them feel fear or danger. “Oppenheimer” proves this by having a nuclear explosion scene with some of the best immersion I have seen in a while.

The film interweaves two story lines, as we switch between “Oppenheimer”‘s journey to building the atomic bomb and the legal drama that happened afterwards in Lewis Strauss’ view. The two story lines are separated by color, “Oppenheimer”’s view in color while Strauss’s view is in black and white. Both are incredibly engaging and entertaining throughout the whole movie.

But, the film isn’t without fault. Nolan also continues his reputation of creating complicated plots. While “Oppenheimer” isn’t as confusing as his other works, I would be lying if I said I was able to understand everything that was going on as it was happening. To really enjoy the movie it would be best to either watch it multiple times or do some studying beforehand to get some context and understand all the science vocabulary said.

It’s an amazing movie I would recommend to anybody. It has stunning visuals and tells a very engaging story of a very interesting man, but to fully enjoy it I recommend watching some background videos before heading into the theater to watch this blockbuster movie.