EntertainmentSlider

“Penthouse: War In Life” has every genre for you to enjoy

“Penthouse: War In Life” is a Korean drama that tells the story of the wealthy residents of Hera Palace as they try to either get revenge or become the best.

One of the main protagonists, Oh Yoon Hee, came from a very humble background and was very musically talented, but after getting into a fight with Cheon Seo Jin following their singing competition, she loses her career and her dreams go down the drain. Years later, their daughters meet at the prestigious Cheong Ah Art School for opera singers and their bad blood resurfaces in both themselves and their daughters. Shim Su Ryeon is also a main protagonist and she resides in the most luxurious penthouse in Hera Palace along with her husband Joo Dan Tae and their two children who also attend Cheong Ah High School.

“Penthouse” never gets boring and the twists and turns that this show takes are unlike any show I’ve ever watched. Throughout the show, murder, revenge, backstabbing, and betrayal are recurrent themes, and they are key components that show how this show almost never has a dull moment. The characters are very flawed and other than about two characters, there wasn’t a single character that hadn’t gotten on my nerves as I watched. Each character has something in their story that made them the way they are and because of their pasts, some people became hardworking or giving while others became manipulative or selfish and we can see a lot of that through their relationships with each other and how they handle things like failure and jealousy.

Although “Penthouse” has one main storyline about solving the murder that took place at Hera Palace and wanting revenge, there are also many other aspects of the show to follow including the characters’ backstories, and their relationships with one another and once you think the show can’t get any more crazy, they hit you with another unexpected twist. Season one was perfect for me, but when it came to season two, there were some plot twists that seemed a bit predictable and it did feel somewhat repetitive but overall, it was very enjoyable to watch and I can’t wait to see how they change up the show in season three.

As an avid K-Drama watcher, I’ve noticed that some mainstream and popular K-Dramas are these slow-burn romance type shows that I usually enjoy, but K-Dramas have so many different genres so I didn’t know what to expect when starting “Penthouse” to say the least. “Penthouse” itself has comedy, action, romance, and more which just makes it even more enjoyable to watch. The first scene itself was enough to show how different and dark this show would actually be and I was instantly hooked because with an opening scene like that, anyone would want to know the events that took place leading to that moment. If you enjoy watching suspense and revenge then this show is perfect for you!

11 thoughts on ““Penthouse: War In Life” has every genre for you to enjoy

• Matthew Chang

this is such a great introduction to the show especially since I’ve never watched “penthouse” and it’s all 3 seasons before. I know you mention that there’s a season 3 coming out but is there a season 1 and season 2 before that as well do they all follow the same 3 main characters. if they don’t follow the same 3 main characters I would love to know who the others are. does each season of “penthouse” have a different plot or is the show in general murder mystery kind of K-drama? besides this drama what are some others K-dramas that you would recommend?

• Harshleen Kaur

I love k-dramas and heard good things about this one along with the great acting! Looking forward to watch!

• I love K-dramas and have never heard of this one. I’ll be sure to watch it with my sister!

• I’ve never seen a K-drama before but after reading this I may watch it!

• Lynee Sims

I’ve been wanting to get in K-Dramas! After reading this article, I will surely look into starting my summer off by binging this one!

• Isabelle D.

I’m super into K-Dramas myself. I will definitely have to check this one out. Definitely on my list for bingeing this summer.

• i think i might watch this

• I have been very into k-dramas, and dramas in general recently and I have seen many trailers of this. Let me say, from what I have seen, it seems to be super dramatic, has lots of family drama, and bloody, but to also top that off, there’s also a hint of romance too. Just a bit:)

• I loved the first and second season! I can’t wait to watch the third.

• Ooo I’ve been looking for new shows to watch and I think this is on the list!!

• Dianne Jin

I’m a fan of K-dramas and I’ve heard a lot of praise towards this drama. I can’t wait to binge watch over summer.