Never too old for childhood games

Do you have periods of endless downtime sometimes? Well there’s a new and fun approach to kill it. With the interactive world of Hello Kitty Online, you can meet Hello Kitty and all her friends.

The game, which can be played at www.hellokittyonline.com tells the story of a hero who helps Hello Kitty and her friends defeat a “mysterious and malevolent power.” Players from all over the world, who are customizable human avatars, work together to complete tasks and missions. There are many options to create your individual avatar including gender, hairstyle, eyes, skin tone, face and even blood type.

When it comes to the actual game play, you’ll be amazed at how such a cute game can turn into an addiction. Fighting and defending yourself from the monsters that try to stop you on your journey is key. Weapons take the form of various blunt implements such as brooms, flyswatters, and microphone stands. Players enter combat by right-clicking on a nearby monster, at which point the avatar and the monster will begin to exchange blows.

You can even own pets that you can train, play mini-games, work on your own private farm property, and travel to places like London and Beijing, all while interacting with fellow Hello Kitty Online members.

Now to the socializing part of the game. Hello Kitty Online promotes the striving concept of social networking. Players can view other players’ blogs, send emails, and watch uploaded game play. Players can also work together to give tips, form farm housing properties together, and group together on quests.

When I was baby-sitting my little cousin, and she dragged me into watching her play, I just couldn’t help myself from playing too when she was napping. I was hooked and played for a good three hours to pass time. For the younger generation, this is an excellent game; it allows kids play a game with goals and objectives in a fun and interactive way. For teens like me, it’s still fun if you need to pass time, or if you’re into Hello Kitty.