Girls golf is nowhere near “below par”

The girls golf team traveled to The Alameda South Golf Course for the Western Alameda County Conference Tournament on Monday Oct. 15. This tournament involved an 18-hole course with a 72 par.

The Trojans finished second in the new league while Alameda High School won the tournament. They were granted an automatic spot in the NCS Championships while the Trojans also qualified with a strong performance at the NCS playoffs at Deer Ridge Golf Course in Brentwood.

All of the girls on this team made some amazing achievements.  At the WACC championships, Tiffany Kwan scored a 91 on this course and qualified for the first team all league. Also, Suhani Abdullah shot a 94 and also qualified for first team all league.

But those aren’t the only girls to did well at the tournament. Miranda Mild, Emiko Yamamoto and Allyah Thomas all qualified for the second team all league. Mild scored a 97, Yamamoto scored a 98 and Thomas scored a 101.

Another player that has made incredible improvement is Natasja Wright, who ended the tournament with a score of 119.

“She just has made tremendous improvement,” says her proud coach Darrell Lavin. Wright has made her team proud and is still making improvements.

At the NCS playoffs, the Trojans placed 11th and had some amazing scores, with Yamamoto with a 92 and Kwan with a 94. The other score was Abdullah with a 105, Nild with a 107, Thomas with a 122 and Wright with a 130.

Putt on girls!