CampusNewsUncategorized

CVHS turns to online course request system

As our everyday world moves on with more and more technology, CVHS has followed the trend. This year, students from CVHS were asked to choose their classes for next year online and in paper but it was mandatory to submit them online. This year is the first year our school has done course selection sheets online.

A lot of students didn’t like this change because when they informed us about this change during the assembly, a wave of moans came down when they were told they had to use their Aeries account in order to complete the task. Some of the students don’t know how to operate it because it’s mostly just parents that use it.

“It saves paper and students are forced to create an Aeries portal,” stated counselor Susan Elliott about the advantages of the new online class programming. This should be a more accurate way for students to get the classes they want because opposed to the regular papers, you can really highlight what your back-up choices will be instead of mixing up your counselors who are programming hundreds of students each.

One controversial thing with the new method is that there are no parent signatures required, in contrast to the paper forms used earlier. Students might choose classes that their parents don’t approve of thus making a conflict at home.

“That’s still to be determined because right now we are just at the beginning stages were the kids are actually entering their courses,” said Elliot after being asked about potential problems that could happen with this new way. Counselors can’t tell yet if there will be a problem because students have barely entered their classes and counselors haven’t put them in yet.

Hopefully the online method will be better in the long run.