Uncategorized

Jennifer Kline is inclined to help students with their future

Since Melanie Small has left the Career Center, Jennifer Kline has taken her place, bringing along her enthusiasm and years of experience with kids. She continues to offer students a variety of information on work permits, career opportunities, college and financial aid, scholarships, SAT/ACT tests, and summer opportunities.

With her great sense of humor, Kline very importantly pointed out that many people say “Career Center” rather than “College and Career Center,” which provides a better title for what she offers students at the school.

With a former CVHS student and an enrolled freshman, Kline has gotten a feel for the environment at CVHS through her children. She not only likes all the activities and clubs students can participate in, but also the tight knit community.

“I think that the camaraderie of the staff so far sounds very positive and collaborative. I also like that it’s a public school because it’s able to provide much more opportunities than any of the smaller private schools,” said Kline.

Because this is Kline’s first year working at the College and Career Center, she worries she will have a lot to learn in such a little amount of time. However, she is determined to assist all students seeking her help.

“If I don’t know the answer to a question I will look it up and get the answer to them by the end of the day,” said Kline.

Having worked at Stanton Elementary School as an instructional assistant, Kline knows how to work well with students.

Kline stated how she plans on helping students this year.

“My goal is to open opportunities they thought they never had. I hope to help all the students that I can,” she said.

As she encourages the seniors to take part in the college visits, learn their options and not to get stuck in one mindset, she suggests they attend all the events the College and Career Center has to offer, such as Senior Night, and Cash for College Night on Feb. 11, 2015, which helps all families get money for college.

“It’s never too early to start planning for college. In fact, there’s literature out there that says you should start your career path in elementary school,” said Kline.