SliderSports

Rough start to boys tennis season

Spring sports have begun, but the boys tennis team is struggling to find its footing. The boys varsity team lost to Piedmont on March 7, 0-7.

Games started off at 3:30 p.m. on a relatively sunny day at the CVHS tennis courts. The games didn’t start off very well and the team was not able to recover from their bad start.

When asked how the games went, the team was not satisfied with their performance.

“I felt like I performed worse than expected because I wasn’t able to return as many serves as I would have liked because that blocked me out from scoring games which ended up making me lose,” said junior Daniel Lionel. “I think if I was able to return more serves and elongate the rally and the match I would do better. Just some stuff to work on.” 

Junior Arik Hoffman was a bright spot for the team. He was able to win one set with a score of 6-2 for the team in the singles, bringing the team their only set win, but was still unable to close out the game losing set two 3-6 and set three 5-10. 

The team also lost to Bishop O’Dowd on March 11 and against Berkeley on March 14. The boys tennis team is looking to bounce back against Alameda on March 19 and Hayward on March 21 on the CVHS tennis court after their rough 0-3 start.