Sports

Trojans Fight Hard Against Piedmont

The Trojans boys varsity basketball team lost their home game against Piedmont, 56 – 42, on Jan. 19.

“I believe that we were playing solid and executing pretty well on the defensive end. Unfortunately, on the offensive end our shots weren’t falling even though we were getting the shots that we wanted,” reflected senior captain Ekam Sandhu, who has played on varsity since his sophomore year. “Ultimately, Piedmont was able to get the edge on the game and win.”

Both teams fought hard throughout the game. The Trojans took many shots, even scoring more than Piedmont in the fourth quarter. 

“I believe that some of our strengths are that everyone from one-five can bring the ball up the court and push the ball,” Sandhu remarked. “Also, everyone on the team can shoot the ball pretty well.”

Unfortunately, Piedmont managed to clinch the victory, and with this loss, the Trojans now have an 8-11 record with a 2-3 home record. The team is continually striving to learn and improve.

“Some things we can work on is boxing out and crashing for the rebound,” Sandhu reflected. “And we can also work on communicating more on the defensive end.”

Seniors like Sandhu are looking forward to finishing off their final season successfully.