Muller races towards her goals

From setting the record for the mile at her final middle school meet to completing her first three mile course at 94 degrees in her very first varsity race at Garin Park, freshman Megan Muller has always had a passion for running; whether it be cross country or track. 

“The faster you run, the faster you are done!” exclaimed Muller. And with that motto, she has already kicked off her first year at high school with success running alongside the girls varsity team. 

Aside from running cross country and track, Muller also enjoys hiking and snorkeling. And in the past, she even played basketball. One of the greatest goals that she achieved so far was when she ran for Creekside in seventh grade and won the league championship for cross country.

While this is only her first year running with the high school team, Muller has emphasized how much she appreciates the nice atmosphere that all her teammates create through hard-work, support, and constant encouragement for one another. 

Running with the high school team has also differed from her past experiences because they embark on difficult courses and take things more seriously. But she admires that her team captains are able to make it fun and engaging. 

Overall, Muller is proud that she is able to help out the team. Some of her goals for the season include seeing her team compete in NCS, after placing in league championships and for all of her teammates to break their own personal records.

“I just try to run the best I can and strive to do my best for the team,” remarked Muller.