CVHS girls cross country running towards success

The CVHS girls varsity cross country team came in fourth at the WACC finals at Hayward High School on Nov. 7, proving that they’re ready for the NCS championships. This season took perseverance and dedication, earning the girls Trojan pride and a score of 93.

Team captain Sarah Fung finished fifth with a time of 19:13 on the three-mile course. Fung has led the cross country girls through an amazing season and finished within the top ten of every race.

“I’m really proud of everyone’s improvements this season, and we all ran really well at the league meet,” said Fung.

Grace Taylor from Bishop O’Dowd came in first, followed by Jourdan Amen also from O’Dowd. The Trojan girls varsity team did a good job at the course and allowed many of the runners to achieve their personal best times.

“As a team, the girls varsity did great. It is the best time they have ran as a team this year,” said coach Raoul Perez.

CVHS girls frosh/soph team also did great, placing first in their division. Freshman Kaitlin Manning finished first followed by sophomore Amberley Tee in second place.

Cross country is a sport like no other and in order to triumph over the other teams runners must battle against the pain, sweat, and tears. The girls showed Trojan strength during the race at the WACC finals.