Sports

Trojans trample Tennyson

The CVHS varsity boys basketball team marched home after an easy victory against the Tennyson Lancers on Jan. 7, with the final winning score of 86-44.

With a score of 35-10 already at the beginning of the second quarter, the crowd was energetic and cheered on their fellow Trojans.

Finishing off the end of the first quarter strongly, junior Lawrence Johnson shot a half court shot right before the buzzer, and the crowd closely followed the ball and went wild as soon as it swooshed through the net. The Trojans continued shooting hoop after hoop through team effort.

“It was a team effort, we all did our part. It was our first league game so that’s big. It’s always important to start off good,” said junior Trevelon Adanandus.

Towards the end of the game in the fourth quarter, Adanandus got a fast break and went for a dunk. He flew high into the air and slammed the ball into the basket while the crowd and his teammates shouted with excitement. Afterwards, the Trojans were eager to finish off their game strongly.

“It was a big dunk for my team. It was my first dunk this year so I was very excited,” commented Adanandus.

As the buzzer went off to finish the game, the Trojans gathered up and celebrated their win.