Sports

She shoots, she scores! Girls varsity soccer dominates San Lorenzo 8-0

soccer onlineThis year’s girls varsity soccer team had a strong start to its season at the Trojans’ first home league game of the season as they outplayed San Lorenzo 8-0 on Dec. 10.

The game started out with CVHS maintaining good possession of the ball, dominating the first half with their quick passes, and playing mostly on San Lorenzo’s side of the field. They even had a few shots on goal and it was clear that they were eager to score first.

The Trojans were successful in doing so, and managed to score four goals by halftime by juniors Jasmine Edwards and Miranda Nild.

The Rebels attempted to fight back and score, but were unsuccessful getting the ball near the goal, as the Trojans’ skilled defense was able to easily clear the ball back to the opponents’ side.

The second half began with numerous successful runs up the field by the Trojans and a goal from Victoria Kiani. They had a powerful goal off of a corner kick as a result of the Rebels’ defense easily getting flustered by the momentum of the game at that point. With eight minutes left, the girls picked up another two goals from Nild and junior Victoria Kiani.