Artists' AbodeSlider

Spectacular Short Stories: “Mystery on Rivenfeld Boulevard”

The Olympian is excited to share freshman Aiden York’s short story, “Mystery on Rivenfeld Boulevard.”

“We were given a single image in Frosh English that was simply of a dark and gloomy street with a single light, and it was with that small bit of information that I created a scene,” he said. “I wasn’t inspired by much, though my imagination has been known to flourish with random things”, most notably with another piece of mine that was on a plane crash scenario that’s been a thought in my mind for more than a year.”

Mystery on Rivenfeld Boulevard

Along the side of Rivenfeld Boulevard, on a dark and foggy day, there lay a new mystery.. 

The town of Helasec had always been plagued with countless mysteries, appearing out of seemingly nowhere yet always coming around to one simple close “Perpetrated by ‘The Illusive One'”. It was just another day, business as usual, except I would be the one who discovered the act this time..

I was just walking along the street, headed to Burbenheim Headquarters where I worked as a secretary. I didn’t know what it was, but through the fog I knew I could see something.. It looked like a man was getting ready to stab a helpless woman, the woman appeared to have fallen on the ground; likely pushed. If I didn’t act fast this may just end up like every other case, unsolved.. Though I was hesitant, I felt a sudden wave of confidence hit me, and so I did what I believed to be right.. “Hey! Stop! Don’t kill her!” I’d yell, doing my damnedest to make sure he didn’t get away with another murder. 

In the span of the blink of an eye, he stood there.. Standing in front of my face, menacing white eyes, all black in appearance. Out of fear I’d stumble, falling on my bottom, this mysterious man would continue his blank stare of me, before finally saying something “You are nothing Jack.. Nothing.. This is a process perpetrated by the lord himself, and if you dare stand in the way of it you yourself will become another cold body in the morgue..”

One thought on “Spectacular Short Stories: “Mystery on Rivenfeld Boulevard”

• Aiden York

Not particularly my best work but I’m happy it was featured!