Feature

Oh boy! Annie’s being played at CVHS!

Miss Hannigan, played by junior Morgan Morris, is an evil caretaker who cruelly makes all her orphans’ lives unbearable. She overloads them with chores of cleaning, stressful hours of seams work, and feeds them a disgusting mush of food.

In a cold winter of 1933 during the Great Depression, one lucky orphan, a 12-year-old girl named Annie, played by Emily Ortzow, is given the opportunity to spend two weeks for Christmas living with the billionaire, Mr. Warbucks, played by Darien Slusher and Val Birznieks.

This story comes to life in Annie, now playing on the stage of the Center for the Arts.

While Annie is living with Mr. Warbucks, he begins to care for her like a daughter and tries to adopt her. However, along the way, they have to search far and wide for Annie’s parents, deal with crooks attempting to steal Warbucks’ money and almost lose their happily ever after together.

“It was really funny,” said Jaime Massey after watching the production, “and better than I was expecting for a high school play.”

Make sure to check out the show before it’s too late; CVHS is presenting it Dec. 6, 7, 13, 14 at 7:00 p.m. and Dec. 8, 15 at 2:00 p.m. in the Center for the Arts.

Evan Kwong

What you think about drugs and smart drugs? Modafinil, nootropics and other drugs you can find here: nootropics online