Leaving home for college

MarissaI have never moved anywhere my entire life. I’ve lived in the same house for 15 years on the same street in the same neighborhood. Never have I experienced feeling like the new kid, and frankly, it is an experience I would like to have.
I used to think that I wanted to go to college close to home. Now that I’m really thinking it over, why not go as far away to as interesting a place as possible? This might be my only chance to “move,” and experience a new atmosphere, culture, and maybe even snow, which I love but we don’t see much around here.
One reason that I feel would drive me to leave home for college is the fact that I love exploring new places. Every year, my ice skating team travels to a different state to compete, and it’s taken me to five different states so far: Massachusetts, New York, Texas, Colorado, and Minnesota. It was so amazing to get a taste of how people in that state might spend their day. I especially liked Boston, Massachusetts and New York City, New York.
Being able to walk wherever I wanted was a nice perk, considering that I don’t know how to drive and have almost no intention of learning.
College, I believe, should not only provide you with a better education, but also an adventure and teachable experiences. I want to explore. Go somewhere I’ve never ever seen. Or go somewhere I really like. I’ve thought about New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, even London. Though I only visited New York, it was so drastically different, and I’m eager to explore different states.
I think I’m really looking forward to the adventure, even if it does sound scary at the moment. Big city, small town, private, state, or liberal arts college? I don’t really know what I really want to do with my life but I think that what’s most important is that I learn something new.