CVHS receives honors for AP programs

If you are one of those students or even people that are very pessimistic about our school, you may want to reconsider. CVHS has won recognition on the Advanced Placement Honor Roll for its achievement in AP courses. Only 547 schools in the US and Canada won the honor.

To qualify for this award, a school’s students have to maintain an average score of three or higher on the AP exams or improve those exams scores, and have a 30 percent increase in minorities participating in AP courses. This award is given every three years, so the averages and scores have that amount of time to raise if needed or to improve.

CVHS received the award for the first time, proving there have been some fantastic improvements in the past three years.

“The students worked very hard and they took the tests very seriously. Students that I’ve had are very hard working,” said AP US History teacher Mark Mladinich.

Students agree that the award is a sign of the school’s growing academic strength.

“It’s great that our school is getting recognition for all of our teachers’ and students’ hard work. I’m proud I’m part of a school that is above average in AP testing scores,” said junior Sylas Agtarap.

With this news, every AP teacher and student should feel very accomplished and proud of themselves.

“I think it is great knowing that CVHS is improving its AP scores to a national level and that we were able to score above a large number of schools in two nations,” said junior Stephen Bray.

This award was won purely on the efforts of our advanced placement students and teachers who have been working hard these past years to be able to gain recognition for our school and district.