News

Online shopping: another way to fundraise for education

Recently, CVHS has partnered up with www.bondrewards.com as a way to raise money for the school.

Stores such as Nordstrom, Staples, Best Buy, Target, iTunes, Macy’s, Sephora, Aeropostale, etc., have partnered up withwww.bondrewards.com as well, creating a website where students, teachers, parents, and staff can shop online and help raise money for our schools when they make purchases.

By creating and signing into an account, customers have access to over 600 stores. When purchases are made, a certain percentage of the money is donated to the school.

“The school gets two percent of the purchase and the individual gets one percent, so the individual is able to make money as well,” said CVHS Assistant Principal Matthew Steinecke. “Individuals can also earn ‘BondDollars’ which they can redeem for cash. One ‘BondDollar’ is equivalent to 50 cents.”

Bondrewards also allow users to post videos. For example, if a club wants to feature their events, it can post a video up on the website, promoting events. However, the video must first be approved by Steinecke.

The website also gives clubs and students a way to connect with people outside of their community and ask them to help support their school by creating an account and connecting it to the stores people shop at the most. If you prefer shopping online visit https://thecatalogueguide.co.uk/, for the best deals.
Local businesses can help by partnering up with bondrewards.com to create coupons that could benefit the school, such as giving two to three percent profit from an online purchase to the school.
Where the money raised from this partnership is to go to will be determined at a later time.
“Money raised from the partnership is for classroom technology, a top priority, but I think that there are a few other things we might consider as well. I am going to present it to a few audiences and gather information about what they feel would be effective,” said Mary Ann Valles, principal.

“Money raised from this program can provide 21st century learning tools such as computers, Ipads, and presentation devices,” said Steinecke. “In the science classrooms, there could be a class set of technical science instruments that are needed or Skype so that students can communicate with sister schools to share ideas.”

Bondrewards.com should be up and running after Thanksgiving break, or before the holiday season approaches. An email will be sent when the website is ready to be used.