CVHS waits for the Winter Ball to drop

From fancy dresses to fresh suits, over 1,000 students attend the annual Winter Ball each year. Although most students are worried about what to wear or who to invite in the winter, this fall ASB seniors are deciding where to host the formal.

One of the biggest decisions of the 2014-2015 school year is up to a handful of ASB seniors. Now that homecoming is over, the question of where the Winter Ball is going to take place is roaming around campus.

Whether students will hop in their rides and head off to the destination off campus is still up in the air.

“It’s been difficult because they want to find a location that’s close by enough and we also need to find a facility big enough to hold over 1,000 students,” said Activities Director Nicholas Whitaker.

Little has been revealed about the upcoming ball, and ASB officers want to keep their ideas about the unknown venue a secret, at least until some time after homecoming. Senior officers are not exactly sure where the ball will take place this year, but they still have a couple of months to make the big decision that many students are waiting to hear.

As far as the decision making is going, there’s no need to worry. Senior officers are taking students feedback during the process.

Last year was the first time that the formal was held off campus, and many are weighing in on what to do this year.

“I think it’s a mixed bag. They end up spending anywhere from $5,000 and $15,000 on a venue and sometimes you can just pimp out the gym. But as long as it’s suitable, it is what they want,” said Whitaker.

ASB officers have off campus options, it’s just a matter of requirements that are in place. Keep in mind, if the Winter Ball is held off campus, students will likely have to pay more for the experience.

“Winter Ball would be more expensive it were to be held off campus, but the admission price depends on the venue,” said leadership student Tatiana Marenco-Quintana.

Considering that the homecoming craze is over, Winter Ball plans will be exposed in the near future.