Feature

LifeBeam Technology Club a destination for tech enthusiasts

Interested in learning more about computer programming? Then join the LifeBeam Technology Club.

Dominick Lee, president and founder of LifeBeam Technology Club, began the club just this year. Meetings are every Tuesday at lunch in Room 513.
“I started this club to encourage and motivate people to be involved in the high-tech world. Only one in ten high school students know HTML,” Lee said.
Lee plans to teach members HyperText Markup Language (HTML) and Visual Basic (VB), two computer languages. HTML is used in creating websites while Visual Basic is used in creating programs.
During club meetings, students get to make their own computer programs, make apps for the iPhone, design games, and create their own websites and online chat systems.
Chuck Chung is the vice president of this club. His role in the club includes teaching HTML and taking over Lee’s duties when he is not available.
“I became a part of this club because it’s fun. There are computers everywhere,” said Chung.
LifeBeam Technology Club has monthly expos. With these events, club members hope to catch the attention of students who are not yet in the club. Existing members have fun at them too.
At the last expo on Nov. 1, members got to do activities that earned them slices of pizza. The activities included watching a video, trying Lee’s programs, making a computer program using Microsoft VB 2008, using Dreamweaver, and typing the alphabet as fast as possible.
The next expo for LifeBeam Technology Club will be on Dec. 6. Lee plans to teach HTML 5 and VB, feature the programs he has created, and provide pizza.