Entertainment

Teenagers LOVE Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Released in the US on Aug. 8, 2014, Jonathan Liebesman’s movie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, gives a 21st century and PG-13 view of the famed children’s cartoon of the same title.

This action, adventure, and comedy filled movie is sure to be wonderful for the whole family to watch.

When I was younger, I loved the cartoon with fighting ninjas, a rat sensei, and a human companion. Now as a teen, I’ve been used to seeing shows and movies with actual actors and 21st century animation. This new movie gives people like me a flashback to those childhood memories. Now, because I also grew up loving anything sci-fi and action like Star Wars and Star Trek, you may think it’s just one of those movies that only people who like those kind of genres watch. But that’s where you’re wrong, the movie is comedy based. When you’re watching the movie, you’ll be mesmerized by all the action going on, and then have a quick laugh because of some comedy scenes put in the movie.

One scene I found funny was when the Turtles and April are falling to the ground. The Turtles start talking to each other about any last words they want to say to each other. So, Ralph, the supposedly tough brother, tells the others that he loves them and breaks into tears. And then he denies that he was crying and says that it’s just dust in his eyes.

Sadly, to really understand what’s going on the movie, I think you had to understand the plot of the cartoon series. I know many people will probably see it without seeing the cartoon.