CVHS welcomes new counselors

After much chaos, CVHS if finally welcoming two new counselors to House 4. The new counselors are Jesus Rivera, who will be working with students with the last names “Ream-Tangi” and Puente students, and Allison Zuckerbrow will work with students “Tanu-Z.”

CVHS has been understaffed after the loss of a few counselors due to various reasons.

Rivera, who has served and is currently still in the military, is very excited to start working with students. After 14 years of jumping out of planes and

helicopters, he decided to turn his passion of helping kids into a career.

“I enjoy helping kids accomplish things that they may have not been able to do on their own,” said Rivera.

He also hopes to be a person that any student can come to for anything that they need, and would like to meet every student that falls under his category of the alphabet.

“I never want a student to be able to say that they have never met their counselor,’” he said. “I don’t want people to think that since I’ve been in the military that I’m scary. I’m really a nice guy.”

Zuckerbrow is also excited to begin her work with students. Although she has worked in the college and career centers at both Hayward High and Tennyson High for three years, and even spent time as a summer school counselor, it is her first year full-time counseling.

“I want to help students realize their full potential and I feel like I can do that with students of all grade levels now,” she said.

Outside of helping students, she enjoys traveling, ultimate frisbee, and indoor rock climbing.

With two new counselors, our school is destined for even more great improvements.