CampusNewsSlider

Mission complete: senior spies stay supreme

Homecoming 2022 was a cinematic experience filled with sneaky school spirit, adventurous outfits and fantastical fun, not to mention wild festivities. After the long week, the senior spirit reigned supreme. 

After their win last year, the senior spies managed to snatch first place yet again. Their mission was completed by placing first in dance and float, and tying with the freshmen for second place in skit. Nicholas Pronske and Kaelyn Gee were the winners of senior court. The winners of homecoming royalty were Maya Wong and Sara Cordiano. 

“The seniors winning homecoming felt really great. I know that myself and all of my friends participated all week in dressing up. We were all super excited about the themes. It felt important to win this year since it was our last chance and it was really fun to see everyone be part of that,” said senior Emerald Reagan. 

The sophomores saddled up and rode into second place. They placed second in dance, and fourth in float and skit. The sophomore court winners were Matthew Minero and Sydnee Yee.

“I am happy that we won second because it typically goes in grade order,” said sophomore Ava Ng. 

After a devastating loss last year, the juniors of the jungle began to make a comeback and climbed into third place. They placed first in skit, third in float, and fourth in dance. Justine Fong and Josh Mitchell were the junior court winners

Junior Ava Cristobal is disappointed but optimistic and said that: “We’ll get them next year.”

The freshmen gave a valiant effort but were unable to win and flew straight into fourth. They got second place for skit (tying with seniors) and float and finished third in dance. The freshmen court winners were Leah Poon and Rilen Ramirez. 

“I feel a little disappointed that more people didn’t participate, leading us to lose. I hope people who didn’t participate saw how much fun it was and will decide to engage next year,” said freshman Alexa Barron.

Every single grade managed to show their spirit and beat the Encinal High School Jets off with Trojan pride at the Homecoming football game, where the Trojans claimed a homecoming win.