Key Club raises money for charity

The Key Club is a nationwide organization that focuses on community service and other service events.

On Dec. 22 and 28, the CVHS chapter of Key Club carolled outside of Safeway on Castro Valley Boulevard, asking for donations and wishing everyone happy holidays. They braved the cold and rejections because the cause was more important.

Every donation that was collected was saved and sent to the Salvation Army. While they stood out there for hours they raised a lot of money. The club had two hour shifts with four to five people per shift, with some extra people for a couple of shifts. They stood out there from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. They even left some donations themselves.

The charity was extremely grateful and club members were proud of what they had done. They enjoyed making the holidays a little brighter for everyone that needed the extra support.

“We were so glad to see that we even had extra people showing up to carol,” exclaimed club president Sarah Chen.

She was so glad that she could get her club to participate in such an amazing and giving task. Needless to say, everyone who was involved in this wonderful and giving fundraiser benefited greatly.