Suspenseful dodgeball tournament stuns all

The well-loved dodgeball tournament has come to an end for the 2023-2024 school year.

The notable team, Monos, took the win during the week of Feb 5. After an intense final game against Anita Max Wynn, Monos climbed their way to the top.

“Yes! Let’s go,” screamed the champions after their exciting win.

During the school’s semi-annual dodgeball tournament, multiple students gathered in the gym at lunchtime and watched teams play. The teams were made up of six people and were expected to build their way up the brackets. Along with lots of pressure and unbelievable amounts of screaming, every team looked like they managed to handle each game. However, as finals rolled around, the last two teams battled each other to see who would win the best out of three rounds. 

On Feb. 9, the final games were between the teams, Monos and Anita Max Wynn. As high intensity began to build up, so did the excitement, and the Monos won in a dramatic comeback. 

Starting off down in the first round, the game didn’t look like it was in their favor. Team Anita Max Wynn had already had the adrenaline rush from round one and was ready to win in round two. 

By the time the second round was almost finished, overtime was called.

When only two students were left on the court, they faced back to back with a ball in their hands, and could only hope they hit their opponent. Athletes Joel Girma and Robert Herrera were up against each other with stress on both sides.

As tension rose, the crowd got louder. Once the whistle blew, they both turned around and threw the ball at one another. Herrera was able to hit team Monos, earning their spot in the third round.

In the third round, both teams were tied 1-1, and it could’ve gone either way. Each team got smaller and smaller on the court until the last team standing was the Monos. The members all ran back onto the court and cheered with excitement. The final game was over and the Monos managed to win another championship.

One thought on “Suspenseful dodgeball tournament stuns all

• This sounded like a very exciting game. I had no idea a dodgeball tournament had taken place and I feel as if you captured the suspense students may have felt watching the game. Great job!