City of Fallen Angels “sprinkled with magic”

Cassandra Clare sets readers’ hearts racing with the new addition to The Mortal Instruments series, City of Fallen Angels.  This fourth book in the series continues the mystical love story of Clary and Jace with plot twists galore.  City of Fallen Angels absorbs readers into the world of the shadowhunters, a group of humans with supernatural powers who were trained to hunt and kill demons.

Book four begins with the end of the Mortal war, a disastrous struggle between the shadowhunters and Valentine, the leader of a group of shadowhunters gone astray.  Previously, Clary Fray, a teenage girl, had suddenly discovered that she was a shadowhunter, and now she is ready to begin her journey of training.

Clary’s mother, Jocelyn Fray, is getting married to the love of her life, and Clary can finally call Jace her boyfriend.

Just as everything begins to settle and become peaceful again, someone begins to kill all the shadowhunters that used to be in Valentine’s Circle.  The relationship between the shadowhunters and the Downworlders, which include vampires, warlocks, and werewolves, becomes tense once more.

As if there isn’t enough going on with her life, Clary finds that Jace is avoiding her without telling her why.  She gets thrown into a horrible chain of events that has her confused and hurt, and no one is able to help her—except herself.

City of Fallen Angels is a nearly flawless story with unexpected twists and turns guaranteed to keep readers turning page after page.  This book is a must-read for those that love fantasies and unpredictable endings.

The author takes the old ideas of vampires and werewolves and turns them into a masterpiece of war and revenge.  Each character is unique in his or her very own way, and interpreted so that readers will feel that they actually know them.

Clare spins an amazing tale sprinkled with magic that will leave her readers dying for her next book.