Drama and romance pull you into The Tourist

With just the right mix of action, romance, humor, and suspense, The Tourist, starring Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp, holds thrills for all audiences. Set all over Western Europe, the story shows spectacular sights, stunning scenery, and has a sophisticated, European feeling.

The story begins with the beautiful and mysterious Elise, played by Jolie, being tracked by international police. She receives a note from the equally mysterious Alexander, and thus begins a continental chase for billions of dollars involving Interpol, French and Italian police, an English mobster, and Russian hitmen. Depp plays Frank, an American tourist, handpicked by Elise on a train to Venice, who is unwittingly caught up in the wild doings of Elise and Alexander. The plot continues to twist and turn, keeping audiences on the edge of their seats and guessing right up until the very end, which will take their breath away.

Of course, such talented actors like Depp and Jolie do a marvelous job. Their chemistry is undeniable and much of the movie revolves around their interactions. No other actors could fill the roles as perfectly; their acting skills make the movie.

This film would make the perfect date movie and has enough of many genres to please eclectic audiences. There are great chase scenes across the rooftops and through the canals of Venice to suit action-lovers and tender moments on a dance floor to captivate the romantic. Those who prefer a little mystery will be thrilled with the complex plot.

I recommend this movie to anyone who dreams of adventure and romance and loves European sophistication.