SliderSports

Trojans crush water polo competition

The CVHS girls water polo team reigned victorious once again, on Oct. 12, this time against the Pittsburgh Pirates. With an impressive final score of 14-3 and an overall win rate of 63%, they have won a total of 12 games this season. 

This match was especially important, as it was senior night. The four seniors on the water polo team are team captain Alenea Loera, Hannah Kinsley, Nina Henry, and Kaitlyn Diep. All four were awarded a medal and had their well deserved run through under the arms of their younger teammates. 

“Seeing the seniors play a lot was cool,” stated junior Addison Medcalf. 

“Alenea is a big defensive presence for our team just defending one of the hardest positions in the pool … she’s always been a big help and it was definitely there this game as well,” said Coach Bailey Barlow, when asked about some outstanding players. 

Something that continues to go strong for the rest of the team is their communication and teamwork with each other. During the games, you can see the support that the girls give each other. 

“I think the highlights of the game was just us working together…I think we really were better about our communication… Really good at talking to each other. And yeah, I think we just work good together as a team,” said junior Corinne Arakawa.

Overall, there is no doubt that we have an amazing girls water polo team and with such a supportive group, we can be sure that this team will be strong for many years to come. 

When asked about their future games, team captain Loera is optimistic for their future saying, “We won’t go down without a fight. All right.”