HighlightsOpinion

Helping students stay in shape

Keeping in shape can be very hard for many students to accomplish over the summer. Due to a lack of equipment, space, and knowledge of how to workout, gyms have been giving students free memberships over the summer. Planet Fitness and 24-Hour Fitness have been welcoming students to come to their gym whenever they want to.

Over the summer my friends and I stumbled over some news about a free membership to a gym for high school students over the summer and thought it would be a perfect opportunity to get stronger and hangout with each other. My friends, who are football players on the CVHS football team, showed me many new exercises and techniques that I wouldn’t have been able to do on my own. Going with friends greatly boosted my confidence and motivation to get in the gym more. It was a really fun experience and I really learned a lot from it. 

Fitness can be really helpful to many people and help them explore new challenges. Not only can people build their physical strengths they can build their mental strengths in the gym. Going to a gym and exercising consistently can have a better impact on your emotional well-being, mental health, and lower rates of mental illness.  “Exercise reduces cardiovascular risk factors and is also a therapeutic treatment for people with cardiovascular disease” Read in healthline atricle about health and exercise.  Exercising daily can help keep you have a heathier lifestyle.

If you think that fitness isn’t for you, you wouldn’t really know until you try it. A lot of people go into the gym not knowing what they are doing, but there will be people there that will be more than glad to give you some tips and tricks for the gym. Even during school you can still get a good workout by going to the weight room during lunch, or even joining the football team. My friends learned a lot from joining the football team and going to these workouts.

Working out can is something that everyone can and should do in order to live a healthier and happier life. “Exercise has been shown to improve your mood and decrease feelings of depression, anxiety, and stress.” said in the Heathline article. Anyone is able to workout, it is just a choice wether they choose to do so.  Having a positive attitude to exercise can help you rhea your goal and achieving a healthier lifestyle.

Going to the gym can not only build yourself physically but also mentally, which is why I would recommend it to everyone. It can help you meet a lot of new people in the process. Going to the gym is a choice and I think that everyone should try to take the opportunity and try to go to the gym.