CampusCommunityNews

Threat sent to CVHS deemed not credible

CVHS received a generic threat via email along with many other school districts throughout Alameda and Contra Costa County on Wednesday, April 17. 

The threats to the school claimed bombs would detonate on campuses at 1 p.m. unless all “Russian prisoners and captives and persons from all U.S. jails, prisons and institutions” were released, according to a Liberty Union High School District official. 

The districts immediately notified their local police departments and worked together to verify that the threat was not credible.

“Many school districts in several counties throughout the state received the threat. Our district staff immediately reported it to law enforcement,” said Superintendent Parvin Ahmadi. “Law enforcement determined it was not credible.” 

According to The Mercury News, many other school districts in Antioch, Mount Diablo, West Contra Costa County, San Ramon Valley, Berkeley, Pleasanton, and Livermore received these threats too.

Other districts that received the threats include Liberty Union High School District, Brentwood Union School District, and Pittsburg Unified. 

“I would love to help but I don’t have any information on that situation,” said Principal Fortenberry when asked for a comment. 

CBS News states that no specific school or district was mentioned in the widely distributed message. 

4 thoughts on “Threat sent to CVHS deemed not credible

• Anonymous

I can’t believe the school didn’t feel the need to tell the students what they were walking into that day in school, I could’ve been blown up.

• this is a weird to see a threat made to our school, its rare to see this kind of violence, we dont see this often…

• Owen Humphrey

I’d be very interested to know what the process for verifying the validity of a threat like this is.

• Louis Fukuda

I think the threat was rather some kind of prank, which obviously, they are not funny but rather, serious. I felt relieved when the message did not mention the which specific school it will be blown, but I also felt worried because it can be set off on any school they called. I wish there are more security on campus and non-violent protests when making these “political appeals”.