CampusHighlightsNews

Jaylene Cole wins tough ASB President election

Next year’s ASB officers are as follows. Jaylene Cole will be ASB president, Ezra Tramble will be ASB vice president, Amaya Minor will be ASB secretary, Sara Cordiano will be ASB treasurer and Quentin Hansen will be ASB school board representative.

“Throughout the campaign, leading up to the day results were announced, I knew that it would be a very close election. When I found out I was elected, I was so happy! I’m so grateful for all those who supported me, and it’s such an honor to be elected as your next ASB president,” said Cole, a junior.  

On March 7 ASB candidates gave their all in responding to the many questions that the audience and previous ASB officers had during the ASB Forum. From March 8 to 9, CVHS students voted for their class and ASB Officers. The following paragraphs give the results of the election. 

The rising seniors of the class of 2023 elected Julia Warren as class president. Lily Flagg was elected as senior class vice president, Isabela Mendoza was elected as senior class secretary, and Cynthia Pan was elected as senior class treasurer.

“My main priority is to work with my fellow officers and make sure every voice feels heard to make our year exciting. I want to bring the class of 2023 together in our senior year to be able to hold many events, fundraisers, have spirit, and have fun,” said Warren, a junior. 

The rising juniors of the class of 2024 voted for the following candidates. Ava Alburo will be junior class president, Cassandra Antinero will be junior class vice president, Alexia Suciu will be junior class secretary and Carissa Lee will be junior class treasurer.

“I hope to bring awareness to resources that let students get the guidance they need to complete the year strong and feel prepared for their future. I hope to do this by advertising services such as PAPER, providing college information sessions and tutoring in order for students to take advantage of the resources that are provided for them,” said sophomore Alburo.   

Finally, the rising sophomores of the class of 2025 tallied up votes for the following winners. Ian Hsu was elected as sophomore class president, Sofia Tom was elected as sophomore class vice president, Samantha Mai was elected as sophomore class secretary, and Indiana Chilton was elected as sophomore class treasurer. 

“Next school year, I’d like to carry out projects that reduce trash around our campus. I would also like to increase communication, awareness, and attendance for school events. This will help build a stronger sense of togetherness and school spirit. Lastly, I will do my best in providing lots of fun with events run throughout the year,” said freshman Hsu. 

Congratulations to all the winners in this year’s election and all Trojans are looking forward to next year!

5 thoughts on “Jaylene Cole wins tough ASB President election

• Congratulations to all the winners and I’m sure they’re going to continue making this school great

• Congratulations to all the elected winners for the 2022-2023 school year! You all have worked so hard in leadership over the years and I believe that you will make the school year even more fun now that covid cases have lowered significantly. You wouldn’t be running if you didn’t like the job and responsibility so I know you all will do your best to take in others opinions. I hope next year is even more fun than the previous!

• Every year this school and many others hold Student body elections for students to represent our school. I think this is important because there needs to be students to voice the needs of the students and more importantly understand the viewpoint of which they voice their needs and concerns. I don’t know much about the ASB impact this year. Due to COVID I’m sure a lot of plans that the ASB students had were restricted but with the new school year in sight, my senior year, I hope that these intelligible student-elects have great plans to make next an amazing year for all students and themselves.

• Every year this cool and many others hold Student body elections for students to represent our school. I think this is important because there needs to be students to voice the needs of the students and more importantly understand the viewpoint of which they voice their needs and concerns. I don’t know much about the ASB impact this year. Due to COVID I’m sure a lot of plans that the ASB students had were restricted but with the new school year in sight, my senior year, I hope that these intelligible students-elects have great plans to make next an amazing year for all students and themselves.

• Sanaa Odetallah

Congratulations to the winners!