Writing workshop offered at library

A creative writing workshop is coming to Castro Valley Library on Saturday, Feb. 11 from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Multiple authors and poets have decided to volunteer their time and effort to help young prospective writers bloom.

This event will includes three discussions from authors Matt Johanson, Virginia Degner, Shannon Pace, Mathilde Schmidt and Amy Franklin-Willis.

Participants are encouraged to ask questions. They will also learn how to write and get published.

“What an amazing chance to ask published authors questions like how to get an agent, how long does it take to write a book and just the nuts and bolts of getting published. I hope many CVHS students take advantage of this,” said Tina Johansson, event organizer and CVHS English teacher.

This event is not exclusive to CVHS students. All students from Redwood High School, Creekside Middle School, and Canyon Middle School are also welcome to attend. There is no payment necessary and the speakers hope for a great turnout from young and upcoming writers in the local community.

Castro Valley Education Foundation is sponsoring the event. More information is available and preregistration is encouraged at http://www.cvef.org/workshops/writing_workshop.html.